4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
1 lb. fresh whole mushrooms, cleaned and stems removed
1 tsp. dried rosemary
1 tbsp.dried parsley
½ tsp. dried thyme
¼ cup lemon juice
2 tbsp. white vinegar
½ cup non-fat chicken broth
1 tsp. black pepper
½ tsp. salt
(8) 10- inch wooden skewers, soaked in water and drained
Non-fat cooking spray
- Cut the chicken into 1-inch pieces and place in a medium bowl.
- Add the mushrooms. Combine the rosemary, parsley, thyme, juice, vinegar, broth, pepper and salt. Pour mixture over chicken and mushrooms.
- Toss well. Marinate 4-12 hours in the refrigerator.
- Lightly coat grill with cooking spray and pre-heat for 5 minutes.
- To assemble the kebabs, thread the chicken and mushrooms on the skewers and discard the marinade.
- Grill the kebabs widthwise (horizontally) for 5-7 minutes, or until the chicken is fully cooked and the mushrooms are lightly charred.
*Serves 4. 1 chicken breast = 5 oz protein.