1 whole wheat (weight watchers) pita
2 oz. fat-free plain Greek yogurt
1 small onion, sliced
½ cup sliced red and green bell peppers
2 cups fresh spinach
½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
Salt, black pepper, oregano, and garlic powder, to taste
Optional: red pepper flakes
- Cut pita in half and toast, if desired
- In a small dish, combine yogurt with salt, black pepper, oregano, and garlic powder (season to taste). Add red pepper flakes if you want your pita super-spicy.
- In a pan sprayed with nonstick spray, cook onion and peppers over medium heat for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add spinach and tomatoes, and cook until spinach wilts.
- Remove all veggies from heat and combine with the yogurt sauce. Stuff pita halves with veggie mix.
Makes 1 serving. = 1 starch.