12 large uncooked shrimp: peeled, deveined, and tails removed
½ lb. halibut, cut into 1-inch cubes
1 red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
½ purple onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
2 tablespoons of fat free margarine
1 teaspoon seasoned salt
(8) 10-inch wooden skewers, soaked in water and drained
Non-fat cooking spray
1. Thread the shrimp and halibut with the red pepper and onion onto the skewers, alternating each.
2. In a small bowl, combine the margarine, pepper and seasoned salt.
3. Lightly coat the grill with the cooking spray and preheat for 5 minutes.
4. Place the kebabs on the grill widthwise (horizontally) and brush with the seasoned butter.
5. Grill the fish and vegetables for 4-7 minutes, or until the fish flakes easily and the vegetables are tender. 6. As the butter melts, it will run into the drip tray. If desired, you may serve any melted sauce as an accompaniment to the grilled kebabs.
*Serves 4 – 1 serving = 4 oz protein